A first date is a big deal-for you and for her. Everyone wants their first date, first kiss, first boyfriend to be nothing but picture perfect. Unfortunately this isn't always the case. But. There's a few things you can do to make everything go a little smoother and put her at ease.
Before saying she's not allowed to go, let's think about some things and ask some questions.
- Do you know the boy? What kind of a reputation does he have? Does he get in trouble a lot?
- Where will they be going? When will they be getting back? How will they be getting there?
- What happens if the date goes bad? Does she know what to do if she needs to find another way home?
So. She's going on the date. There's always a few things we wish our parents would or wouldn't do. Here are a few tips. Keep in mind that these are only tips and should only be followed where the situation is appropriate.
- Stay calm and collected
- Give your honest opinion about which outfit you like better
- Offer to help when the curling iron gets stuck in her hair and she panics
- Remind her to have fun and that everything will be ok
- Leave the light on for when she comes home
- Sit in the living room "cleaning the guns"
- Spy on them when she gets dropped back off
- Get out the baby book
- Be in the way when he rings the doorbell (Try sitting in the kitchen and just eavesdropping instead)
- Grill her about the date when she gets home (Wait until tomorrow and just imply you'd like to hear about it)